Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ah, I remember

I have virtually spend my existence,
In a room,
Where the sick bring in there gloom,
And leave with,
Either a flicker of a smile on their face,
Or a solemn
Its-all-over expression
I have had my share of despair.

I remember,
Days
And sometimes nights,
was shaken awake,
Just to be soothed,
And then lulled back
to that uneasy sleep.

When I used to open
Those heavily sedated eyes,
I vaguely recall seeing
Mostly,
That familiar hole,
always dripping
My tears?
Or the cause of it.

I remember
During the months,
That hole slowly blurred,
Faded.
And I left that place,
With the same hopelessness,
With which I had come.

I remember
the stench,
And still
cringe with it.

Wish I could have been
left alone

though the things would not have been any better,
I wouldn’t have been scarred
With Those permanent, agonizing recollections

No comments:

Post a Comment